COVID-19 Impact on Fair Market Value in Real Estate Transactions (On-Demand Webinar)
Overview: This session will examine the manner in which the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the fair market value of real estate transactions. The session will include a discussion of:
- Stark law waivers and their impact on lease payments
- Fair market value for additional cleaning, PPE or technology and equipment due to the pandemic
- Requests for changes to floor plans in order to maintain social distancing requirements or changes to space and effect on FMV
- Applicability of force majeure clauses in leases
- Eviction limitations considered by states or at the federal level
- Change of work environment on real estate transactions—will lease space or real estate value be impacted by a potential decrease in demand for space or property
- Relief fund access
- FMV of storage facilities for secure PPE storage
The panel will include a healthcare real estate attorney, a real estate valuation expert, and an Executive Director of Real Estate at UNC Health.
- Andrew Dick, Attorney, Hall Render
- Victor McConnell, Director of Real Estate Services, VMG Health
- Heather Morefield, Executive Director Real Estate & Development, UNC Health
Kelly Anderson (Moderator), Associate General Counsel, Baptist Healthcare System
This webinar is brought to you by the Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group, Fair Market Value Affinity Group, and Real Estate Affinity Group.
On-Demand Webinars are not included in AHLA Premium or other membership levels.
AHLA does not currently offer Continuing Education Credit for On-Demand Webinars. Contact your state to determine whether self-study credit is available.