Applying for Tax Exemption in the Digital Age (2020 Tax Single Session)
I. Applying for Tax Exemption in the Digital Age (Single Session Taken from the 2020 Tax Issues for Health Care Organizations Program)
Michael J. Engle
At long last, IRS Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is finally going digital!
- Recent developments related to the mandatory e-filing of Forms 1023
- Revisions and updates in Revenue Procedure 2020-8 and other related developments
- Tax exemption fundamentals by examining the differences between Forms 1023 for:
- Health system parents
- Health system foundations
- Medical groups
- Other affiliates and auxiliaries commonly found in complex health systems
- Tricks and tips for completing and submitting Forms 1023 electronically at https://www.pay.gov
Continuing Education Credits are available for this session. For CLE credits, you can earn 1.0 credit hours on a 60-Min Calculation and 1.2 credit hours on a 50-minute Calculation. For CPE and CCB, you can earn 1.2 credit hours for this session.