In the Wake of COVID-19: An Update on Employment Law Issues as the Pandemic Progresses
Overview: Although many employers in the health care industry have continued to operate throughout the pandemic, many have done so with a reduced workforce or scaled-down operations. Now that more and more employers are back to the workplace, employers face a variety of issues and questions, including:
• What are the current federal, state, and local guidelines or mandates health care employers must follow with respect to COVID-19?
• What are the employment litigation trends with respect to COVID-related claims?
• How should employers handle new requests for COVID-related accommodations or leave?
• What is the future of remote work in the health care industry?
- Dee Anna Hays, Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins
- Karen L. Davila, Healthcare & Business Attorney, Florida Healthcare Law Firm