Deploying Resources to Drive ValueBased Care: Potential Opportunities and Stumbling Blocks in Light of StarkAKS Proposals
June 2, 2020
Over the last decade, Accountable Care Organizations have moved from experimental pilot programs to established parts of the health care industry. ACOs and closely related Clinically Integrated Networks (CINs) are now core parts of the market strategy for many providers and payers. But as ACOs and CINs become more established, compliance risks may emerge as well. This webinar will cover common operational compliance considerations for ACOs and CINs, as well as explore some of the potential emerging legal risks that in-house counsel and compliance staff should understand as more organizations embrace the ACO model. These may include:
- > Structuring models in which ACOs support care coordination, IT infrastructure, or other benefits for participants;
- Strategies to improve the accuracy of risk adjustment models;
- Investments in social drivers of health (SDoH) while complying with “beneficiary inducement” rules;
- Common errors in implementing the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute waivers;
- Lessons from publicized cases.
On-Demand Webinars are not included in AHLA Premium or other membership levels.
AHLA does not currently offer Continuing Education Credit for On-Demand Webinars. Contact your state to determine whether self-study credit is available.