Webinar with the Office for Civil Rights on Proposed Changes to the HIPAA Privacy Rule (On-Demand Webinar)
Time: On Demand
Overview: During this webinar, OCR will provide an overview of proposed changes to the HIPAA Privacy Rule that include:
- Strengthening individuals’ rights to access their own health information, including electronic information.
- Improving information sharing for care coordination and case management for individuals.
- Facilitating greater family and caregiver involvement in the care of individuals experiencing emergencies or health crises.
- Enhancing flexibilities for disclosures in emergency or threatening circumstances, such as the Opioid and COVID-19 public health emergencies.
- Reducing administrative burdens on HIPAA covered health care providers and health plans, while continuing to protect individuals’ health information privacy interests.
- Timothy Noonan, Deputy Director for Health Information Privacy, Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Health and Human Services
On-Demand Webinars are not included in AHLA Premium or other
AHLA is now offering Continuing Education Credit for On-Demand Webinars held after March 2021. This is a 90-minute webinar. Credits earned for a 50 minute state are 1.8 CLEs, and 1.5 CLEs for a 50 minute state.