Conversations with AHLA Leaders: Tom Shorter, President Elect Designate
This special series highlights AHLA leaders who discuss key moments in their careers, current and future trends in health law, and AHLA’s role in their professional development. In this episode, Chip Hutzler, Director, Horne LLP, interviews Tom Shorter, Partner, Husch Blackwell, who is AHLA President Elect Designate for the 2020-2021 year (President for the 2022-2023 year). Tom talks about his career in health law and how the industry has continued to become more specialized.
Tom also tells Chip:
- How a physician termination case eventually led him into health law.
- The signal his mentor would sometimes give him when meeting with clients.
- His favorite city to visit when traveling for work.
- What he tells people who ask him, “What do you do?”
- What his plaque will say when he’s inducted into the “Health Lawyer Hall of Fame.”
Sponsored by Horne LLP.