Conversations with AHLA Leaders: Patricia Markus, Incoming President Elect Designate
This special series highlights AHLA leaders who discuss key moments in their careers, current and future trends in health law, and AHLA’s role in their professional development. In this episode, Chip Hutzler, Director, Horne LLP, interviews Patricia Markus, Partner, Nelson Mullins, who is AHLA President Elect Designate for the 2021-2022 year (President for the 2023-2024 year). Trish talks about her career in health law, how technology will continue to transform the provision and payment of health care, and advice she would give to young health law professionals.
Trish also tells Chip:
- How her dream of joining the Chicago Cubs eventually led her into health law.
- The advice her aunt gave her before she went to law school.
- Her favorite city to visit when traveling for work (and why she would never want to live there permanently).
- Why it’s important to listen and seek other viewpoints.
- What her plaque will say when she’s inducted into the “Health Lawyer Hall of Fame.”
Sponsored by Horne LLP.