Health Care Fraud & Abuse Annual Update: Living With Stark and Kickback Reform and a Preview of Upcoming Changes (On-Demand Webinar)
Time: On Demand
Overview: In this webinar, our panelists will provide an update on key trends and developments in health care fraud and abuse, compliance and government enforcement during 2021, including key takeaways from the sweeping changes to the Stark and Anti-Kickback regulations that went into effect back in January. The panelists will provide insight into how these trends and changes have impacted health care organizations and their contracting and compliance efforts, with discussion on when the False Claims Act is triggered and the DOJ’s shift toward individual FCA liability. The webinar will also give independent and system-affiliated group practices a better understanding of upcoming changes to Stark that are set to go into effect on January 1, 2022. Issues covered in the webinar will include:
- Recent government enforcement actions, self-disclosures and settlements;
- Compliance risks related to physician arrangements;
- Strategies for compliance with recent changes to the Stark and Anti-Kickback regulations;
- The new group practice rules that will go into effect in 2022;
- Developments in judicial interpretation and agency enforcement of the FCA; and
- The potential impact of the regulatory changes on future enforcement priorities.
- Kristin Carter (Moderator), Senior Counsel, The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation
- Ross D’Emanuele, Partner, Dorsey
- Jennifer Michael, Member, Bass, Berry & Simms
- Robert Yates, Deputy Attorney General, MFCU, Office of Indiana Attorney General
- Tony Maida, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
On-Demand Webinars are not included in AHLA Premium or other
AHLA is now offering Continuing Education Credit for On-Demand Webinars held after March 2021. This is a 90-minute webinar. Credits earned for a 50 minute state are 1.8 CLEs, and 1.5 CLEs for a 50 minute state.