The FCA Whistleblower Case: From the Government Perspective, the Provider Perspective, and the HR Perspective (On-Demand Webinar)
Time: On Demand
Overview: In this webinar on the FCA Whistleblower Case, panelists will cover:
- Background of the False Claims Act (FCA) and the role of whistleblowers generally.
- The Government Perspective: Understanding how whistleblower cases come the DOJ; how the government determines which are credible; how intervention decisions are made; and how dismissal decisions are made (Granston memo).
- The Provider Perspective: Understanding the importance of a strong compliance program to address concerns early and often and avoid qui tam actions and understanding the FCA’s non-retaliation provisions and recent case law.
- The HR Perspective: Understanding whistleblower do’s and don’ts, including how to handle internal investigations and unethical or criminal whistleblower behavior.
- Jody Erdfarb, Partner, Wiggin and Dana LLP
- Anne F. Thidemann, Assistant United States Attorney, Office of the United States Attorney, District of Connecticut
- Rachel Reingold Mandel, Shareholder, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
AHLA is now offering Continuing Education Credit for On-Demand Webinars held after March 2021. This is a 90-minute webinar. Credits earned for a 50 minute state are 1.8 CLEs, and 1.5 CLEs for a 50 minute state.