After Dobbs: Delivery of OB-GYN Care to Women in Abortion-Restricted States
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Overview: This webinar will give an overview of issues that have surfaced since the Dobbs v. Jackson decision related to the delivery of health care to women who are pregnant. These issues include:
• Women who are miscarrying/likely to miscarry
• Non-elective medical procedures that may result in an abortion (septic abortions)
• Treating of medical conditions that are not pregnancy that may impact the viability of the pregnancy, such as cancer
• The risks of advising/collaborating on health care that is not legally accessible within the state, but that may be delivered in another state
• Disciplinary issues for medical practitioners/pharmacists licensed in both abortion restricted and abortion safe states
• Delivery of contraceptive care including IUDs/Plan B
Kate Flewelling, Associate General Counsel, Associate General Counsel
Michelle Johnson Tidjani, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Henry Ford Health System
Louise Joy, Partner, Joy & Young
Jeanne Vance, Shareholder, Weintraub Tobin
CLE: AHLA’s live distance learning webinars are pre-approved for CLE credit in the following states: AL, IL, KS, ME, MS, NE, NJ, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, and WV. Please refer to the Distance Learning CLE State Chart on our Continuing Education page to review the reporting procedure in these state
CPE: AHLA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org. For further information, please visit our Continuing Education Page.
AHLA is seeking CPE credits for live and on demand webinars. The maximum number of credits available is 1.80.