After Dobbs: Delivery of OB-GYN Care to Women in Abortion-Restricted States (On-Demand Webinar)
Time: On Demand
Overview: This webinar will give an overview of issues that have surfaced since the Dobbs v. Jackson decision related to the delivery of health care to women who are pregnant. These issues include:
• Women who are miscarrying/likely to miscarry
• Non-elective medical procedures that may result in an abortion (septic abortions)
• Treating of medical conditions that are not pregnancy that may impact the viability of the pregnancy, such as cancer
• The risks of advising/collaborating on health care that is not legally accessible within the state, but that may be delivered in another state
• Disciplinary issues for medical practitioners/pharmacists licensed in both abortion restricted and abortion safe states
• Delivery of contraceptive care including IUDs/Plan B
Kate Flewelling, Associate General Counsel, University of Michigan
Lisa Barrett, Esq, Deputy Chief Legal Officer – Director of Litigation, Cleveland Clinic
Louise Joy, Partner, Joy & Young
Jeanne Vance, Shareholder, Weintraub Tobin
On-Demand Webinars are not included in AHLA Premium or other membership levels.
AHLA is now offering Continuing Education Credit for On-Demand Webinars held after March 2021. This is a 90-minute webinar. Credits earned for a 50 minute state are 1.8 CLEs, and 1.5 CLEs for a 50 minute state.