The ABC&Ds of Medicare Parts A through D (Primer)
1. The ABC&Ds of Medicare Parts A through D (Primer)
Alison Hollender, Husch Blackwell, Dallas, TX
Stephanie M. Hoffmann, Bradley Arant, Nashville TN
Kathryn A. Roe, Health Law Consultancy, Chicago IL
- Medicare governance and structure–CMS, MACs, and private health plans under Parts A through D
- Beneficiary enrollment, coverage and benefits under Parts A through D
- Provider enrollment and certification under Parts A and B
- Private health plan application and selection under Parts C and D
- Conditions of participation and payment for Parts A and B
- Managed care regulation and payment under Parts C and D
- Transactions, demonstrations, and contracting
- Congressional legislation, agency guidance and key compliance resources
This is a 90 minute session taken from the 2023 Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment Issues program. This session is worth 1.8 CE credits for a 50-minute state and 1.5 credits for a 60-minute state. Please note that the actual number of credits may vary from state to state.
CPE: The maximum number of CPE credits is 1.8. AHLA is a registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CCB: The Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® has approved this event for up to 1.8 NON-LIVE CCB CEUs based on a 50-minute hour. Continuing Education Units are awarded based on individual attendance records. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by CCB of this event content or of the event sponsor.