Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of continuing educational opportunities does AHLA offer?
- How do I access live events?
- How soon are recordings available after events take place and how do I access them?
- Which courses offer CLE credits?
- How do I obtain a certificate of event completion and transcript of CLE history?
- How do I cancel my registration or get a refund?
- May I pay for my registration by check?
- How do I take advantage of my one free live webinar as a member at the Enhanced Membership Level?
- How do I take advantage of my free live webinars as a member at the Premium Membership Level?
- Are on-demand products free with the Premium Membership Level and one free per year with the Enhanced Membership Level?
- How do I define my interests to ensure the most accurate recommendations are displayed under the “Recommended for You" section?
- How do I reset my password?
- I have other questions (not addressed in this section), how do I contact Customer Support?
AHLA offers the following continuing educational opportunities:
- In-Person Programs - AHLA holds over 10 in-person programs each year on various topical areas as well as an Annual meeting, bringing an array of health law topics together that will appeal to anyone practicing health law. For more information, please visit the in-person program website.
- Webinars - AHLA holds several webinars each month on various topical areas to reach those distance learners looking to continue their learning between in-person programs. Typically, webinars are 90-minute-long, live web-based courses, planned by AHLA's Practice Group(s), Task Force(s), and/or Affinity Group(s). The presentation is followed by a Q&A session in which questions are submitted electronically to the presenters and the presenters answer them in real time during the event. Live webinars usually offer CLE credits and are paid events, with various discounts for AHLA members.
- Educational Calls – Practice Groups, Affinity Groups (through their Practice Groups), Task Forces and Special Councils offer 30 minute live educational calls, 5 minutes for PG/TF/Council updates/introduction of speaker. The remaining 25 minutes featuring a guest speaker facilitating an interactive discussion on a hot topic among the audience. Educational calls are Practice Group members specific. Task Forces and Special Council educational calls are open to all AHLA members. Educational calls are audio only and do not offer CLE credits.
- On-Demand Webinars –are made available for purchase approximately 48 hours after the live webinar. We currently do not apply for or issue CLE credits for on-demand webinars. Please check with your State Bar as to whether self-study credits can be awarded. If you are interested in earning CLEs from past events, please visit the WestLegalEd Center and search “AHLA” under Keywords.
Once you complete your registration, please go to “Courses” section of your Education Center Dashboard. Click on the “In Progress” tab and select the live course you would like to attend. The presentation will be on the “Zoom Webinar” tab at the top of the page.
On-demand webinars are available for purchase 48 hours after the live webinar; there is no advance purchase available. To purchase, go to our Course catalog and select “On-Demand Products.” Select the on-demand webinar you’d like to purchase. Once you complete your registration, please go to “My Dashboard” and select your course to enter. Here you’ll be able to access the video of the webinar along with the PowerPoint Presentation.
Only live webinars are eligible for CLE credits currently. Please note that participants must complete a course evaluation in order to obtain a certificate of completion. Please visit our Continuing Education page for more information on CLE credits.
To obtain a certificate and transcript of online distance learning events that occur on June 1, 2015 and beyond, please visit your "My Transcript" page on the Education Center.
To obtain a transcript of in-person programs, please visit the My Continuing Education page of the myAHLA portal.
AHLA has a no refund policy regarding all distance learning purchases (both live and on-demand webinars) If you have registered for a live webinar and have a scheduling conflict or have experienced an inconvenience causing you to miss part or all of the live webinar, or if you need to cancel in advance, please contact Customer Support.
No, AHLA no longer processes webinar registrations by check. All registrations are processed electronically and paid for by credit card.
If you have any questions or concerns about your payment, please contact our Finance Department or call (202) 833-1100.
At check out, you will see mention of a gift card code - simply type in the code into the field above to clear out the registration fee.
Once used, a new gift card will be loaded to your account at renewal for your next membership year.
At check out, the system will recognize that live webinars are free for your membership level. You will not have to take any action to check out for free.
Currently, on-demand products are not free with either the Premium or Enhanced Membership Levels but all members do receive the member rate for these products. If you register for a live webinar though, you would receive access to the webinar recording within 48 hours of the webinar ending.
To define your interest areas, please visit the My Communications Preferences page of the myAHLA portal.
To change your password, please visit the My Profile page of the myAHLA portal.
If you need assistance with registration, accessing an webinar you have purchased, or other customer service-related issues, please contact Customer Support.