How the 2023 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Rule Impacts Provider and Supplier Enrollment
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM ET
* Please Note: registration closes at 11:59 PM ET the day before the live event. No further registrations will be accepted once registration has been closed *
Overview: This webinar will cover what providers, suppliers, and legal counsel need to be aware of in the 2023 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) rule and its impacts to enrollment, including:
• Updates to the enrollment rules which enable CMS to take more action to prevent potentially fraudulent entities and individuals from enrolling and submitting claims to Medicare;
• Expanding the types of entities and individuals CMS considers to be affiliated with the enrolling supplier or provider;
• How the 2023 MPFS rule and the recently adopted “affiliation” rule work together; and
• How the enrollment changes impact transactions and what to look out for in due diligence.
Alison Hollender, Partner, Husch Blackwell
Jeremy A. Poynter, Partner, Holland and Knight
CLE: AHLA’s live distance learning webinars are pre-approved for CLE credit in the following states: AL, AR, IL, IN, GA, KS, ME, MI, MS, NC, NE, NJ, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, and WV. Please refer to the Distance Learning CLE State Chart on our Continuing Education page to review the reporting procedure in these state
CPE: AHLA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org. For further information, please visit our Continuing Education Page.
AHLA is seeking CPE credits for live and on demand webinars. The maximum number of credits available is 1.80.